Black carrot, Spanish goat, serpentine, sweet root - these are all the names of the same plant - scorzonera or scorzonera. In European countries and the USA, this representative of the Astrov family is grown and used as a vegetable. Traditional medicine especially appreciates the healing properties of Scorzonera. The root of the zmeedusnik looks like a carrot root, but it is covered with black skin, and its core is juicy and white.
- Calorie and chemical composition Scorzoner
- Therapeutic and beneficial properties of Scorconer
- The use of scoroner in traditional medicine
- Application scoronery in cooking: how to cook
- Storage Rules
Calorie and chemical composition Scorzoner
Scorzonera low-calorie - 100 g contains 17 kcal (which, in combination with healthy fiber and excellent taste, is attractive for those who want to lose weight). What is a black root, you can understand, having acquainted with its chemical composition. He is impressive. No wonder black carrots are called "a pharmacy in one plant":
- vitamins (B1, B2, B6, C, PP, E);
- saccharides (20% by weight of the root);
- pectins (2%);
- micro- and macronutrients (phosphorus, copper, iron, calcium, manganese, potassium, calcium, zinc, etc.);
- inulin (10%);
Therapeutic and beneficial properties of Scorconer
The unique properties of scoroner are used in the treatment of diabetic patients, cores suffering from gastrointestinal diseases, anemia, atherosclerosis, cirrhosis, prostatitis and rheumatism, oncological diseases. Scorzonera possesses such properties as:
- stimulation of the heart and kidneys;
- natural anesthetic effects;
- sedative effect;
- sugar regulation;
- removal of stones from the gallbladder and kidneys;
- cleansing the body of radionuclides;
- restoration of liver cells;
- increased male potency;
- exemption from alcohol addiction.
The use of scoroner in traditional medicine
Scorzonera has found wide application in traditional medicine - it uses fresh juice, decoctions and tinctures from the plant:
- juice scoronery. To prepare the juice, you need to wash the roots, peel and pour over boiling water. Twist them through a meat grinder, squeeze the juice out of the resulting mass. It helps to heal wounds, ulcers on the skin. Lotions with juice Scorzoner help with periodontitis. In case of urolithiasis, you need to mix the juice with honey (1x1). Drink a tablespoon before each meal for 2-3 weeks;
- decoction of the leaves. 20 g of crushed dried leaves of Scorzoner should be boiled in 250 ml of water, boiled for 15 minutes, insist 30 minutes. Strain before use.Apply with colds, rubbing the place of insect bites, wash tearing wounds. Added to the bath in the treatment of diathesis, gout and polyarthritis;
- decoction of the roots. To make a decoction, rhizomes need to be cleaned, washed and crushed (1 tbsp. L.), Pour boiling water (200 ml) and boil. Boil for 10 minutes at minimum heat, then wrap in heat and insist 30 minutes. Broth drink 30 ml 3-4 times a day. Take medication for bronchitis, in the treatment of the liver, joints, radiation exposure;
- water infusion root. At 2 tbsp. tablespoons chopped root need liter of boiling water. You should put the raw material in a thermos and pour water. Insist during the night. It is prescribed to take a teaspoon half an hour before meals for three weeks, after the break (week), repeat the treatment again. Helps with diseases of the gallbladder and liver;
- alcohol tincture (insist 7 days in the dark). It is used to heal wounds, relieve attacks of radiculitis, rheumatism, treatment of furunculosis;
- leaf packs (leaves cooked in boiling water are wrapped in gauze). For arthritis, apply to the sore spot for 30 minutes;
- tea from toxicosis. Mix a teaspoon of dry tea leaves and ground root Scorzoner and brew as ordinary tea;
- Scorzonera ointment (lard mix with dry root powder). Apply to treat joint pain, pustular skin diseases.
Application scoronery in cooking: how to cook
Spanish Kozelets has a pleasant sweetish taste. In its raw form, it resembles a stalk of cabbage to someone, and a young walnut to someone.
To use raw scorconera, cleaned root should be soaked in salted water (eliminates juice). For salads, it is better to use young root vegetables - they are more tender and juicy. Black carrot is best rubbed on a fine grater. Spanish Kozelz is combined with other vegetables and any dressings. For spring salads, young Scorzonera leaves are also used. The recipes are simple:
- Ingredients - 150 g of peeled Scorzoner roots, 10 lettuce leaves, onions, parsley and dill. Root vegetables to rub, onions and greens to cut, salad to chop up on slices and to mix everything. Salt Sometimes they put feta cheese in such a salad (then you can not add salt). Served with olive oil, sour cream, etc .;
- Carrot and Scorcher Salad. Regular carrots and Spanish goat (1x1) wash, peel and chop. Add greens (dill, parsley, lettuce), lemon juice, salt and mix. Salad is ready.If desired, you can fill it with sour cream, mustard, etc.
Gentle taste have baked roots Scorzoner. Root pieces, after cleaning and boiling beforehand, should be laid out in one layer in a heat-resistant form, pour in cream, put in an oven and leave for 20 minutes at medium temperature. After this time, sprinkle with grated cheese (Parmesan) and again put in the oven (until a golden crust forms).
A very pleasant taste is obtained with a combination of Spanish trestle and eggs, chicken, fish.Black carrots are often included in the dietary dishes, here are descriptions of several of them:
- omelette. Peel the root of the "black carrot", lightly add it with butter and rub. Beat eggs with milk, add mashed root. The omelette is boiled steamed;
- bits. Chicken flesh, fish fillet and root scorconer mince. Add melted butter and mix. The molded bits are steamed;
- soup. Boil Spanish Kozelets to softness in meat (chicken) broth. After softening, remove some of the root crops, rub them through a sieve, and again put them in the pan. Before the end of cooking add the egg yolk, sour cream and parsley. In a bowl, the soup should be filled with butter.
Harvesting takes place in November, before the onset of the first frost - after the frosts the land hardens, and if you try to extract the root, its skin will be damaged.Such a root is not subject to storage. There are several ways in which you can save your harvest and use it throughout the year:
- storage in sandboxes. Harvested roots are vertically placed in wet sand (humidity should be maintained throughout the entire storage period);
- compost storage. Root vegetables are dried, cut the leaves, tied in bundles and poured with compost;
- wintering in the ground. Scorzonera is a cold-resistant plant, and the black root easily overwinter in the ground (should be covered with straw above). The taste of such Scorzoner even improved. In the spring the roots, if not removed, will start young shoots (suitable for salads), but the taste of the roots will deteriorate;
- freezing. Kozelez does not lose its nutritional and medicinal properties when frozen;
- drying. The roots are washed, cleaned, chopped or rubbed on a grate, spread out on a paper in a thin layer, baking sheet and dried in a warm and ventilated place (you can in the oven, drying, etc.) until all the moisture disappears. Store in an airtight container. You can grind into a powder on a coffee grinder. It should be borne in mind that the sweetish taste of the root will gradually disappear during storage.
Over the long years of application of Scorzonera, the harm from this root has not been recorded and no contraindications have been noted either for adults or for children. There is always a chance of individual intolerance, so in the process of the first use of the root should be careful. Scorzonera may have a slight laxative effect.