Not only people need extra vitamins. Any farm animals and birds cannot do without them.
Let's try to understand what a combined mixture is, how and from what it is made, what is the use and how much compound feed is necessary for animals and birds.
- Compound feed: composition and description
- Combined feed production
- Benefits of using feed for raising animals
- Types of feed
- Full ration
- Protein-vitamin mineral complexes
- How to cook feed
- For pigs
- For rabbits
- For cows
- For chickens
Compound feed: composition and description
Compound feed is a mixture of various products suitable for feeding animals and birds.. They are thoroughly cleaned, crushed and selected according to certain recipes. Use such mixtures as additional nutrients for animals.
- foods high in carbohydrates, cereals (wheat, corn, oats, millet, barley);
- legumes, containing a large percentage of protein (peas, beans, soy, lupins);
- oil plants (sunflower, camelina, colza, rape, cotton);
- hay, sunflower meal, straw;
- mineral mixes and vitamin supplements;
- waste from grain processing and food industry.
- about 8% wheat;
- about 42% barley;
- about 30% of the corn;
- about 20% oats.
Combined feed production
They are produced in factories. Perhaps the production of animal feed in small quantities at home, this may require some equipment.
According to the form of release, feeds are divided into: loose, in granules, in briquettes.
Benefits of using feed for raising animals
Kombismes is used as an addition to the main food of farm animals and birds.It is rich in vitamins, minerals and protein substances. Feed will ensure your animals grow rapidly, strengthen their immunity and the emergence of healthy and strong offspring, increasing the performance of the animal. Needed as a source of energy for animals.
When applying and selecting this product, consider important factors: its characteristics, the type and age of your animals and birds, the purpose of animal husbandry (obtaining dairy products, receiving meat products, obtaining products from these two directions).
Types of feed
There are the following types of kombismesy, which produce factories: complete, concentrates, protein-vitamin mineral complexes.
They are denoted by the letters PC. They have a beneficial effect on digestion, provide high productivity, good health and productivity.
They are denoted by the letter K. They are distinguished by a high content of microadditives, protein and mineral elements.Used as a supplement to juicy, coarse and grain feeds in limited quantities.
Protein-vitamin mineral complexes
Denoted by the letters BVD. In the production of using trace elements, vitamins, amino acids, medicinal and flavoring substances, raw materials of mineral origin.
How to cook feed
At the factories for the production of kombismesy use equipment designed for large volumes. For home-made feed production, home-made mixers are often used. Naturally, the volume of production is much less than in industrial conditions.
You can also get feed at home by the method of mixing the ingredients manually. The simplest recipe is the following: detail cereal and hay, add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Ingredients feed for piglets:
- 1 kg of barley;
- 100 g of yeast suitable for feed;
- 40 g fat for feed;
- about 15 g of chalk;
- about 5 g of salt.
Pork Mix Recipe:
- no more than 0.4 kg of barley;
- not more than 0.3 kg of oats;
- not more than 0.16 kg of alfalfa flour;
- no more than 0.12 kg of meat and bone meal;
- no more than 80 g of sunflower cake;
- about 20 g of chalk;
- about 10 g of salt.
For the preparation of feed for rabbits will need a special granulator.
The easiest recipe:
- grass meal or hay - about 35%;
- barley - about 25%;
- sunflower cake - about 20%;
- corn - about 15%;
- wheat bran - about 50%.
- grass meal or hay - about 35%;
- barley - about 30%;
- corn - about 20%;
- wheat bran - about 15%.
The recipe and composition of the combined feed for cattle should include:
- no more than 20% barley;
- no more than 15% wheat bran;
- no more than 15% ground corn;
- no more than 25% of sunflower meal;
- not more than 25% of herbal flour;
- no more than 0.5% salt.
The composition of feed for chickens:
- 500 grams of corn;
- 150 grams of wheat;
- 100 g of barley;
- 100 g of sunflower meal;
- 60-80 g of meat and bone meal and fish meal;
- 50 g of yeast suitable for feed and grass meal;
- 30 grams of peas;
- 15 g of vitamins;
- no more than 3 g of salt.
This video describes how to produce mixed fodder.